Obituary of Bakhos Boutros
90 years, passed away peacefully at home on April 7, 2022 with his family by his side. Beloved husband of Theresia (Jacobs) for 52 years. Loving father of Thomas (Michelle). Cherished Jidu of Karina and Evangeline. Son of the late Iskandar and Gazille Boutros. Dear brother of the late Michael (late Annie), the late Boutros (late Rose), the late Louie (late Marie), the late Sarkis (Theresa), George (late Marie), the late Boula (Hend).
Son-in-law of the late Hanna and Eugine Jacobs. Brother-in-law of Agnes Jacobs (late Bakhos), Sarkis Jacobs (Khazoun), Paul Jacobs (late Souad), Max Jacobs (late Denise), Larry Jacobs (Najibe), Maurice Jacobs (Debbie). He will be missed by many nieces and nephews.
Bakhos enjoyed his time with family and friends and always ensured everyone had enough cucumbers and tomatoes. Bakhos retired from General Motors and farmed green onions and parsley for many years. He was a very devoted member of St. Anthony’s Parish.
A special thank you to Bayshore Home Care and his devoted PSWs Nancy, Mary, Jeanette and Angela, as well as his nurses Jenna and Samantha and his NP Filomena and his case worker Renee from the LHIN for all of their care, compassion and support.
Visitation at the Reid Funeral Home, 14 Russell Street, Leamington (519-326-2631) on Sunday, April 10, 2022 from 2-5, 7-9 p.m. with Parish Prayers at 8:00 p.m. Mass of the Resurrection will be held Monday, April 11, 2022 at St. Anthony’s Parish, 280 Talbot Street East, Leamington at 10:00 a.m. Entombment at Evergreen Memorial Park Cemetery. If desired, memorial donations may be made to the families of Lebanon, St. Anthony’s Parish or Our Lady of Lebanon Shrine. Share words of comfort at www.reidfuneralhome.ca
Bishop Pastoral Visit Saturday, December 18, 2021
Starting today Friday, December 10, 2021, every Sunday we will not be taking people without a reservation for Sunday masses.
Unfortunately, you will not be able to attend the masses if you don’t call and reserve your spot.
Please, call the office on Thursdays and Fridays between 10:00 AM and 2:00 PM.
Announcement from Windsor – Essex County Health Unit:
“December 5th, 2021
To: All Residents and Employers, Business Owners and Operators and Person(s) responsible for organized gatherings in the region of Windsor-Essex, served by the Windsor-Essex County Health Unit.
Issued by: Dr. Shanker Nesathurai, Acting Medical Officer of Health, Windsor-Essex County Health Unit
(2) Gathering limits identified above (1) do not apply to social gatherings associated with a wedding, a funeral or a religious service rite or ceremony, such as a wedding reception.
2.1 Gatherings associated with a wedding, a funeral or a religious service rite or ceremony must:
- a) Not permit the use of receiving lines;
- b) Must ensure assigned seating for all attendees;
- c) Ensure that all attendees wear a mask or face covering at all times, except when seated at their assigned seat and consuming food or drink; and
- d) Ensure that capacity is limited by the number of individuals that can maintain physical distancing.
(3) Actively screen all persons attending a social gathering as defined in O. Reg. 364/20 and exclude any person that fails the screening.
(4) Keep a list of all attendees of a social gathering including name and phone number and make available immediately upon request by the Public Health Unit.
(5) Staff social gatherings organized by the employer, including but not limited to holiday parties, must be conducted virtually to avoid larger groups of individuals congregating.”
Thank you for your cooperation and appreciate your understanding.
St. Anthony’s Parish Leamington
Maronite Catholic Church
280 Talbot Rd. E.
Leamington, ON N8H 3V6
Lady of Lebanon Shrine
Obituary George Bakhous Jraige